BTS' Map of the Soul 7: Shadow has come!

The long wait is over! ARMYs break into a new era as BigHit drops BTS' Map of the Soul 7: ‘Interlude Shadow’
comeback trailer. Suga gave us a glimpse of the new album with his solo track, “Shadow” in which
he voiced out the dark side of rising to fame.

The 'Shadow' video has surpassed 1 million likes in just 30 minutes. Watch the music video below!


(Author’s note: Try watching the MV and appreciate the cinematography & the artist’ beaute. Then, watch it again with subtitles. You’re welcome.)

Earlier this week, BTS’ schedule for this comeback was released following the opening of the album pre-order last January 9.
Now, this. Get ready, there’s more to come!


Author’s thoughts:


It’s been a long time since my last entry! I missed blogging and I decided to finally come back together with BTS. Just leaving some stuff I noticed while watching MV.


  1. The melody on the first few seconds of the video was so “Intro: O!RUL8,2?”. I knew it was familiar!
  2. I was like, what are those red stuff enclosed on the sides of the door? (Blood, Sweat & Tears)
  3. Glasses breaking, Yoongi running away from the guys in black, phones shoved in his face, “I’m afraid, flying high is terrifying. No one told me how lonely it is up here.”
  4. Some of the struggles brought by fame (?)
  5. Blue lighting to red with heavy autotune 
  6.  Watching it without subtitles at first, I was like “why is this weird and heavy?” then I finally understood after seeing the translation. Because that’s the part where his shadow is taking over.

  1. I’m loving this whole Map of the Soul Concept started from Persona where Namjoon wants to know who he really is and now; Shadow where Yoongi talks about his fears, struggles--some of what you want to hide from other people. This whole concept is related to psychology which is very interesting in this adulting stage of my life. I feel like I can relate so much in terms of self-discovery. It’s like I’m adulting with Bangtan. 

Thank you, Yoongi for this masterpiece.

Outro, come through. Can't wait to know what message you'll bring!

Comments

Popular Posts