REVIEW: NCT U steps into the Kpop scene with "The 7th Sense" & "Without You"

SM debuts another boy group after 4 years under the name of NCT. Neo Culture Technology or NCT is composed of multiple sub-unit groups with members from various cities worldwide. Its first sub-unit, NCT U, unmasked their talents last April 2016 with their songs, "The 7th Sense" & "Without You".

Before going on my review, let me just share that I was so surprised when they dropped the MVs. I've been waiting for this group since SM released Taeyong's photo together with the other SM Rookies. And wow, a debut, finally!

The 7th Sense

Hearing the song for the first time, I was kinda puzzled. It is so different from the usual style of SMent. I like how chill and hiphop-ish it is even though typically, rookies give off a very energetic song for their debut. Let me just break down into bullet points the stuff I noticed.
·    
• Their damn choreo is so unique and lit. Even though the song is not strong (I meant not fit for hardcore moves) they still manage to pull off a strong vibe as a rookie with those distinct moves.

• Look at their outfits! It seems like they borrowed it from Seo Taiji and the Boys or from H.O.T. Well not literally but it reminds me of some outfits from long ago.

Taeyong's lazy rapping and white-ish hair slayed my existence! Okay sorry for spazzing  but yes, I like his dancing here as well.

• Ten. I was mindblown at how this kid turned out so hot! His dance moves in this music video is pretty striking. Even though he got a few lines, he still manage to leave an impression on me.

• Doyoung's vocals are amazing. Have you guys heard that falsetto? Wow, it made me fall!

• Mark, oh he's raising the flag of SM when it comes to rapping! I love this kid's rap as well. SM for me, is not that strong when it comes to rappers but I think with NCT, they would somehow raise the bar.

• Jaehyun's vocals are good as well! Doyoung and him kind of reminds me of EXO's vocal line. And oh, Jaehyun's smile!

• Let me just add that this song was on the loop most of the time for the first week it was released!


Without You

Honestly, when this came out, I didn't watch the MV right away. But I heard the song being played during the V App broadcast of NCT U. And that's it. Well, these boys have wonderful vocals. Taeil is surprisingly amazing as well. I was kind of confused before as to why the other song have different members from this. Anyway, this song seems to be a sad one, but hearing it somehow uplifts me. And it's really catchy!


So far, I liked what I watched and heard so I have to say NCT U did a pretty good job in this debut. I hope they keep this up and show us more of their talents in their future comebacks!

Rating: 4.5/5


*honestly I don't want to rate because I only post reviews here of the groups I like/listen to so I tend to give a high rating lol.

Comments

Popular Posts